"Longfields Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment."
The Governing Body and Staff of Longfields Primary and Nursery School takes seriously its responsibility under section 11 of the Children Act and duties under "working together" to safeguard and promote the welfare of children; and to work together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements exist within our setting to identify, and support those children who are suffering harm or are likely to suffer harm.
We recognise that all staff and governors have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm, and that the child's welfare is our paramount concern.
We work hard to ensure that our school provides a safe, caring, positive and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child free from discrimination or bullying where children can learn and develop happily.
- Our Safeguarding Policy has been developed in accordance with the principles established by the Children Act 1989; and in line with the following:
- "Working Together to Safeguard Children" 2018
- "What to do if you are worried a Child is being Abused" 2015
- "Keeping Children Safe in Education" 2019
- Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board